BI Manager, Data Science
We’re recruiting for a hands-on BI Manager to join our Data Product Team. This role requires a combination of product management and analytical abilities, and somebody who is passionate about discovering information hidden in vast amounts of data. It’s the perfect fit for an analyst who enjoys creating global data solutions, fixing problems and helping plan future products to implement or upgrade.
Your day to day would likely include:
- Using statistical techniques on large datasets to:
- Measure results and show key trends
- Identify causal impact and attribution
- Model and predict future performance of users or products
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Working closely with the Senior BI Manager to plan, execute and productise technical solutions to our data needs, such as self-serve dashboards.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders – owning feedback processing, aiding accurate specification, and establishing / meeting clear project deliverables
- Ownership of data process documentation
Ten is the global leader in the highest quality lifestyle and travel concierge services. We are profitable, with revenues of £30+ million and are growing at over 40% pa, led by the UK (our home market), and our 18 strong global office network. Two million wealthy people currently use our services through corporate schemes and our private membership network. We have the model, team, platform, investment and ambitions to become the world’s largest and most trusted service.
We are passionate about providing exceptional service and using our insider know-how, contacts and buying power to help our members get the most from life, wherever they are in the world. To find out more about working at Ten, hear from some of our people and have a sneak peek at our offices, please watch this short video here.
The Product team
We’re a team of more than 40 people, and we’ll grow to more than 60+ in the year ahead. Our team comprises Product Managers, Developers, UX / UI, QA, Content, Data and Analytics and CRM.
We’ve built bespoke solutions in a number of sectors to deliver outstanding, and unique, user experiences for our members in travel, dining, music, theatre, retail, sport and events.
A global team within Ten Group, and as part of Ten’s commitment to being a technology centred company, the Product team is based in London, Cape Town and San Francisco.
The Key Skills
Our ideal fit candidate would bring as much of this list to the table as possible:
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python, R, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Proven experience of delivering Waterfall and Agile projects
- Experienced with Tableau, Excel, Google Analytics and PowerPoint
- A skilled writer of documentation
- Confident, competent, and comfortable managing client and internal deadlines
- Excited by building global data products – and the challenges that brings
- Process driven and methodical
- Can work autonomously and in a team
The Bonus Skills
These are not mandatory, but desirable:
- Knowledge of New Relic
- Experienced using JIRA and Confluence
- Experienced designing data dashboards
- Experienced in creative data visualisation
- Knowledge of SQL
We’ve assembled a three-part package to attract the very best talent:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against a peer group of 10 of the most innovative technology companies in London
- A competitive benefits package including extra holidays (+5 after Y1, +3 in Y3, month-long paid sabbaticals after Y5 etc), a bonus for some roles, employer-contributed pension, discounted gym membership, etc
- An outstanding perks program too: we work with the very best brands in the world and our employee perks are taken directly from the types of things we do for clients including exclusive discounts, treats, access to gigs, invites to dinners, social events, industry employee rates at hotels / for flights, freebies, money-can’t-buy experiences, etc
Reasons to Apply
We think you’d love working here because:
- We’re a flat company, with no hierarchy, and tech decisions made in the Product team
- We’re focused on shipping – and hate waste – so projects actually happen
- We’ve several sectors to ‘win’ in: travel, retail, leisure, hospitality, entertainment, automotive, luxury, payments, and banking… So there’s something for every passion point
- We make decisions, we move quickly, and we get the job done
- We combine the best of both worlds – we have a startup culture, but the stability and backing that comes with being established almost 20 years ago