Product Designer (UI/UX)
Ten Platform is a white-labelled web application available on all devices across 40+ markets and 13 languages. It provides digital inspiration and booking services to complement our offline Travel and Lifestyle Concierge service, which is provided by our global expert Lifestyle Managers. The application consists of multiple modules, including Travel for flight, hotel and car rental bookings and a series of Lifestyle modules, including Entertainment, Dining and Offers.
Ten Platform is the first of its kind and provides a holistic service across many Travel and Lifestyle categories, providing multi-sector experience and is in market with some of the world’s best-known brands.
We’re hiring a UI-UX Designer to join our Product Design team, to be responsible for the user experience of the largest, and most innovative, concierge platform globally. Reporting to our Lead Product Designer and based in Ten’s London office, this position plays a crucial role in ensuring the success of our ambitious product feature road-map.
You’ll be a good fit for the challenge ahead if:
- You are open, inclusive and collaborative. We’ve built a new team of developers, designers, strategists, data experts, and operationally experienced colleagues. We all work together.
- You like to validate ideas with people, using prototypes or mock-ups; early and often.
- You are tool agnostic. We encourage designers to pick and choose the right tool or technique for the problem they’re trying to solve.
- Excellent visual design skills and pixel-perfection, with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Deep experience in UI (both websites and apps) and a strong portfolio to demonstrate it
- Experience in creating and managing pattern libraries and knowledge of Angular material is a bonus
- An eye for detail and equally comfortable discussing macro vision and finer elements
- Cares about craft and can produce low-to-high fidelity prototypes
- Up-to-date with the latest UX - UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Knows how to gather and use data to improve design decisions and test assumptions
- Knows how to iterate a live product so that people using it don’t stop using it
- Wants to keep learning – there’ll be significant opportunity to get deeper in, and closer to, strategy
Excellent working knowledge of the following is also required:
- Adobe CC
Our people are at the heart of the business and we have a culture of recognition and reward – both through regular appraisals but also annual Extra Mile Awards where we celebrate those who have gone that extra mile in their role. We also encourage all our staff to incorporate their aspirations and interests into their career at Ten and we are there every step of the way in supporting development.
All our employees also enjoy a range of benefits regardless of where they are based. Not only do we enjoy monthly Treats on Ten (on the tenth of each month!) but employees also get 3 extra days of annual leave in their third year and an extra month of every 5 years. In line with these milestone lengths of service, we also operate a Ten Loyalty Reward program – this is a bonus (although we prefer to refer to this as ‘extra spending money’) that is awarded once these milestones are reached. The thinking behind the program is that not only does it recognise and reward commitment and loyalty to the business, but it can also be used to fund the adventures to be had during sabbaticals – this is the main intention and driving force behind the program. We want to give our people extra spending money so that they can truly enjoy their sabbaticals.
Other benefits that Ten offer, specific to the UK office, range between an employer-contributory company pension (with a scheme that allows full decision making about what investments are made, levels of risk, ethical funds etc), all the way through to various discounts on both travel and entertainment events (the latter is of course available regardless of location). There are also lots of social events throughout the year (including drinks on the last Friday of the month) as well as a break-out room where employees can relax (or, if they wish, play one of the numerous games we provide!) whilst enjoying our latest fruit drop or “Breakfast on Ten”.
We also offer season ticket loans, access to childcare voucher and cycle schemes and, one of our more popular perks, working holiday opportunities with the ability to work from any of our 20+ offices without taking annual leave.