Front End Developer
Who are we?
Ten is the global leader in the highest quality lifestyle and travel concierge services. We are profitable, with revenues of £30+ million and are growing at over 40% pa, led by the UK (our home market), and our 17 strong global office network. Two million wealthy people currently use our services through corporate schemes and our private membership network. We have the model, team, platform, investment and ambitions to become the world’s largest and most trusted service.
We are passionate about providing exceptional service and using our insider know-how, contacts and buying power to help our members get the most from life, wherever they are in the world. To find out more about working at Ten, hear from some of our people and have a sneak peek at our offices, please watch this short video here
You’ll be a good fit for the challenge ahead if:
- You want to join a new team with a long to do list and an ambitious roadmap
- You’re excited by an opportunity that is essentially a blank canvas, and working with us to grow a full tech capability inside – and core to – our whole organisation
- You are open, inclusive and collaborative – we’re building a new team of developers, designers, strategists, data experts, and operationally experienced colleagues and we’ll all work together
- You can show us commits in Git, talk us through live projects, and point us in the direction of things you’ve tried (whether they’ve worked or not)
- You’ll enjoy contributing to functional and technical design
- You have a solid computer science degree
- Commercial Angular 2 experience
We are looking for Developers who:
- Know what they want to do – there’ll be lots of opportunity for exploration and R&D
- Are comfortable with switching between complex layers, the prospect of learning new languages / libraries, and have a genuine interest in the latest software technologies
- Have experience of building / working with high transaction, multitenant applications
- Are naturally curious about the world and like to ask why (and break things)
- Are passionate about setting high standards, and shipping quality software
- Are inspiring to work for / with
- Are comfortable discussing vision and finer details (this is especially important for Lead / Senior)
- Can help non-developers understand – and engage with – the product development process
- Want to keep learning
- Are up for the challenge that is integration, legacy systems, and multi-stakeholder builds
- Like to communicate – in real life, and not just in Slack
Our Tech Stack
- Python 2.7
- Django 1.8
- Django CMS
- HTML 5
- CSS 3.0
- A competitive salary.
- Access to lots of great travel and entertainment discounts.
- A full month off every 5 years.
- The opportunity for real career development. All staff are encouraged to incorporate their aspirations and interests into their career.
The environment is modern, friendly & vibrant and everybody who joins Ten has the opportunity to develop a rewarding career within an organisation, which is widely considered to be one of the best in the business.