Travel Consultant (Swiss German / French) – 2 year / perm contract
Who are we?
Ten is the global leader in the highest quality lifestyle and travel concierge services. We are profitable, with revenues of £30+ million and are growing at over 40% pa, led by the UK (our home market), and our 17 strong global office network. Two million wealthy people currently use our services through corporate schemes and our private membership network. We have the model, team, platform, investment and ambitions to become the world’s largest and most trusted service.
We are passionate about providing exceptional service and using our insider know-how, contacts and buying power to help our members get the most from life, wherever they are in the world. With worldwide offices we are growing fast and are seeking a passionate, motivated and resourceful individual to join tour team on a permanent basis. To find out more about working at Ten, hear from some of our people and have a sneak peek at our offices, please watch this short video here.
Please also have a look at the following video from our CEO Alex Cheatle, which explains how are we able to go that one step further when delivering exactly what our members ask for https://vimeo.com/142122548
As a Travel Consultant you should expect a role that will be based predominately on phone and email. You will be fulfilling leisure travel requests on behalf of high net worth members, including luxury journeys, complex flight itineraries covering several destinations, European beach holiday packages and straightforward hotel bookings worldwide. Your exceptional customer service skills, commercial judgement, skilful use of travel research and booking technology, and passion for travel will deliver superb member satisfaction, high levels of supplier revenue and repeat usage of Ten for travel and other jobs throughout the business.
A specialised knowledge of the Swiss and European travel market is beneficial
We are recruiting for this role in various offices: Cape Town, London, Mexico and Zurich. Please indicate which office you are applying for in your application.
We are looking for:
- Energetic and motivated team players who enjoy the challenge of meeting and beating targets
- People who are passionate about delivering high quality personalised support and have excellent research skills
- People who can use their initiative and creativity to best meet the needs of our members
- Proven track record in European leisure sales as well as worldwide itineraries
- Fluency in English and Swiss German / French is required
- Experience in a retail environment or Tour operator is a must
- Previous experience working with Amadeus or a similar GDS is a must, ticketing experience is a plus
- Keen to learn and work on Swiss standards: getting the knowledge of the Swiss travel market (incoming and outgoing) as well getting in depth knowledge of Swiss industry regulations.
The following will also apply if you are applying from outside South Africa or Mexico City and are looking to relocate to either of those offices…
As well as 1 return flight to your home country per year, successful candidates will receive a comprehensive financial relocation package – it is up to you what you wish to expense but for example this could include a temporary furnished serviced apartment for 1 month, lease break coverage for your apartment in your current location, storage facilities in your current location, a full pack and unpack, support with visa application etc.
If requested, successful candidates will also be assigned a “buddy” who would be responsible for helping the individual settle in their new country and will assist with sourcing accommodation, acting as a tour guide and basic language lessons (if applicable).
Successful candidates are also offered a completion bonus, upon their 2 year contract finishing.
Remuneration and Benefits
- A competitive salary and performance related bonus
- Access to lots of great travel and entertainment discounts
- A full month off every 5 years
- The opportunity for real career development. All staff are encouraged to incorporate their aspirations and interests into their career.
The environment is modern, friendly & vibrant and everybody who joins Ten has the opportunity to develop a rewarding career within an organisation, which is widely considered to be one of the best in the business.