Travel Consultant (Swiss German / French) - 2 year / perm contract
Ten Group are the global leader in quality lifestyle and travel concierge services. Growing at over 35% pa, the business has recently completed a successful AIM IPO, raising over £25 million to invest into the company, with a market capitalisation of £120 million. The business presently generates net revenues of over £35 million, with ambitious growth targets for the coming financial years. Tens of millions of wealthy people can now use Ten Group’s services via corporate schemes and a much smaller private membership network.
Providing services from a 20-strong global office network, Ten have the model, team, platform, investment and ambitions to become the world’s largest and most trusted service. There is little doubt that they will become one of the iconic businesses of the next decade.
To learn more about Ten Group’s culture and mission, a short video summary can be viewed here. For a detailed, investor-focused description (including explanations of Ten’s unique digital product and customer analytics offering) please click here.
As a Travel Consultant you should expect a role that will be based predominately on phone and email. You will be fulfilling leisure travel requests on behalf of high net worth members, including luxury journeys, complex flight itineraries covering several destinations, European beach holiday packages and straightforward hotel bookings worldwide. Your exceptional customer service skills, commercial judgement, skilful use of travel research and booking technology, and passion for travel will deliver superb member satisfaction, high levels of supplier revenue and repeat usage of Ten for travel and other jobs throughout the business.
A specialised knowledge of the Swiss and European travel market is beneficial
We are recruiting for this role in various offices: Cape Town, London, Mexico and Zurich. Please indicate which office you are applying for in your application.
We are looking for:
- Energetic and motivated team players who enjoy the challenge of meeting and beating targets
- People who are passionate about delivering high quality personalised support and have excellent research skills
- People who can use their initiative and creativity to best meet the needs of our members
- Proven track record in European leisure sales as well as worldwide itineraries
- Fluency in English and Swiss German / French is required
- Experience in a retail environment or Tour operator is a must
- Previous experience working with Amadeus or a similar GDS is a must, ticketing experience is a plus
- Keen to learn and work on Swiss standards: getting the knowledge of the Swiss travel market (incoming and outgoing) as well getting in depth knowledge of Swiss industry regulations.
The following will also apply if you are applying from outside South Africa or Mexico City and are looking to relocate to either of those offices…
As well as 1 return flight to your home country per year, successful candidates will receive a comprehensive financial relocation package – it is up to you what you wish to expense but for example this could include a temporary furnished serviced apartment for 1 month, lease break coverage for your apartment in your current location, storage facilities in your current location, a full pack and unpack, support with visa application etc.
If requested, successful candidates will also be assigned a “buddy” who would be responsible for helping the individual settle in their new country and will assist with sourcing accommodation, acting as a tour guide and basic language lessons (if applicable).
Successful candidates are also offered a completion bonus, upon their 2 year contract finishing.
Remuneration and Benefits
- A competitive salary and performance related bonus
- Access to lots of great travel and entertainment discounts
- A full month off every 5 years
- The opportunity for real career development. All staff are encouraged to incorporate their aspirations and interests into their career.
The environment is modern, friendly & vibrant and everybody who joins Ten has the opportunity to develop a rewarding career within an organisation, which is widely considered to be one of the best in the business.