Head of Lifestyle Concierge - Brazil
Who are we?
Ten is the global leader in the highest quality lifestyle and travel concierge services. We are passionate about providing exceptional service and using our insider know-how, contacts and buying power to help our members get the most from life, wherever they are in the world. Please have a look at the following video from our CEO Alex Cheatle, who explains how are we able to go that one step further when delivering exactly what our members ask for https://vimeo.com/142122548
We are growing fast, at over 40% pa, led by the UK (our home market) and our 18 strong global office network. Two million wealthy people currently use our services through corporate schemes and our private membership network. We have the model, team, platform, investment and ambitions to become the world’s largest and most trusted service.
To find out more about working at Ten, hear from some of our people and have a sneak peek at our offices, please watch this short video here.
Who are you?
You love working with and developing people. You thrive in a busy, fun environment with teamwork at the forefront. Your success comes from excellent communication skills and having a pro active approach to all that you do. You have experience working in a fast growth, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and are not afraid to get "stuck-in" - whether it's with HR, Finance or Operational matters (or all three at once!).
We are ambitious and constantly innovating which is exciting but also challenging. If this is the role for you, you must have high levels of resilience and be able to work in a high pressure, complex environment.
- To manage the operational day-to-day running of the South American operations - this will be approx 200 people
- To monitor, manage and assist the teams in meeting targeted performance levels
- To maintain a fun but professional working environment
- To develop and execute an overall strategy for success for the Sao Paolo and Rio de Janeiro offices, as part of the broader America region
- To be the key driver of day-to-day service delivery for our business in South America overall
You must have:
- Fluency in Business English
- Experience in leading large, multi-cultural teams with ability to enthuse & motivate
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to multi-task and priorities
- An entrepreneurial drive
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and be willing to get your hands dirty
- A passionate focus on exploring future trends
- Experience in / understanding of South American employment law is preferred
You will report directly to the Operational Director for the region, Tracy Geldert.
Our people are at the heart of the business and we have a culture of recognition and reward – both through regular appraisals but also annual Extra Mile Awards where we celebrate those who have gone that extra mile in their role. We also encourage all our staff to incorporate their aspirations and interests into their career at Ten and we are there every step of the way in supporting development.
All our employees also enjoy a range of benefits regardless of where they are based. Not only do we enjoy monthly Treats on Ten (on the tenth of each month!) but you also get 3 extra days of annual leave in your third year, an extra month of every 5 years and various discounts on both travel and entertainment events. There are also lots of social events throughout the year.